Monday, November 13, 2006

Acupuncture & Acupressure

I survived, thanks to my built-up-through-the-years high treshhold for pain.

Hit by a double-whammy of tennis elbow and frozen right shoulder, I took the TCM path as it would have been a long 4-week wait before I could get an appointment with one of the visiting orthopaedic consultants to the govt hospital.

As long as my condition is not life threatening, I, like many others add on to the l o n g Q. But heck, why do I have to wait that long? I may not die, but I'm already partially immobilised.

I now take the lift at the MRT station, otherwise I have to stand on the right side of escalator, holding the handrail with my righthand (which means I will be blocking those wanting to walk up) as I need my functioning left-hand to carry my handbag & other stuffs.

I cant put on my bra the normal way cos' I can't reach the back to fasten the clips. But recently learnt from a fellow sufferer a painless way to wear it by bringing bra band to front for fastening, and then twirl the cups from back to front & loop arm thro' each strap, and viola, the breasts' cupped! No more struggling to wear d bra t-shirt style.

Can wear T's unless they're the super-stretchable sort, otherwise will have to struggle with the upper torso when taking it off.

Can't manually squeeze fresh orange juice with the plastic mould.

Can't bring out bamboo poles to dry my laundry.Can't pluck arm-pit hairs, wash hair & scrub right scalp, scratch my back, stretch out hand to pick food from center of table, etc, etc, etc

The list goes on....boo hoo hoo....routine activites taken for granted until you realise you no longer can do them perfuntorily.

Anyhow, the needle-poking (acupuncture) & application of pressure to specific body points (acupressure) has helped to relief pain to a certain extent, while I wait 10 more days before I get to see Dr Orthopaedic.

No comments: